Saturday, July 30, 2005

Back in North Carolina

I don't know what to say. I returned from home yesterday to NC with the schedule of going to Iraq on my 21st birthday, August 2nd. Hopefully that will happen, I'm so bored and lonely here that I need something to get my mind back on the right track. I feel really weird right now, like I don't want to hang out with anyone except for my closest friends or my family, and I have few really good friends here and no family.

Going home was awesome, but I feel like I didn't do everything I wanted to do, and I'm not talking about fun stuff, I'm talking about hanging out with people and putting a nice close on relationships that I've had over the years.


So I had that on my mind when my family drove me to the airport, I had an hour of sleep, I had the fear, excitement, anticipation, etc. that comes with deployment and I had the fact that I was flying to a place where I was going to be doing nothing, so close to my family yet so far away, for at least a few days before going to Iraq. Oh yeah, and the fact that even as I write this there's a possibility that I won't leave until Thursday or Friday.

Needless to say it was a crappy day, and I hate airports, and yesterday was incredibly emotional for me. I honestly can say that I felt more like a female than I think I ever have or will. Any thought about my family-a memory of Meghan singing "B-A-N-A-N-A-S" in the back of the car, the card that my little cousins made for me, or whatever-made me tear up. I couldn't watch Garden State because New Jersey's landscape is so much like Ohio's, the music is so relevant to my life right now, and the story of a guy returning home, realizing that home isn't what it used to be, etc. made me want to tear up. The comment he makes about about realizing that the place he grew up isn't really home anymore, and his theory that people settle down because when you lose your home you want to make a new one really resonates with me right now, and I'm sure it does with some of you too.

Yesterday I cried twice, and along with the time my grandma died those are the only times I've cried since I was 13 years old. So yesterday was weird, and I read a lot yesterday, from a biography on Winston Churchill, one of my heroes, and the Bible. The reason behind those two books: Don't know if I would say Churchill is the greatest man who ever lived (other than Christ), but he's close, and his life is in many ways similar to my own, so when I get down I read about him, because it gives me inspiration. The Bible is obvious, and though I didn't read a whole lot the first thing I saw when I opened it up was this, a quote from Christ in Matthew: "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." That was intense when I read it, and was good to hear considering how down I was.

That's about it from me, I hope you all are doing well. I'm not going to post in this thing until I get to Iraq, so the next entry will be a couple of weeks most likely. Everyone stay strong and keep me on your mind, because you are certainly on mine.

36 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

waow

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ur a bitch

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Literally a closet transsexual

2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NIGGA U GAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!

3:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This disgrace to the Corps now calls himself JD Vance, and he bottoms for fascist asslicker Peter Thiel.

4:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

questions-

1. Why do you wear eye liner
2. Does your wife being a pajeeta mean that you're going to import millions of street shitters to America?
3. How fast are you and Drumpf gonna start WW3 and send thousands of Christian white men to die for Israel?

6:57 PM  
Blogger ash said...

Hey, can you restart blogging?

7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

JD VANCE IS A FRAUD CONNECTED WITH DEFENSE CONTRACTORS, SUPPORTS BOMBING IRAN, TRUMP NEEDS TO DROP HIM NOW!

11:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ARAB: All Republicans Are Bastards

6:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

troon

9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kamala 2024 đŸ„„đŸŒŽ

2:47 AM  
Blogger Ken M said...

we are ALL hairy potatoes on this blessed day

1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I feel really weird right now". You are still weird.

2:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep. Still weird after all of these years. And totally creepy.

6:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting comments from all the trolls calling Vance “weird.” Whether you agree or disagree with the man’s policy positions as they exist today, a fair reading of this blog reveals a young 21 year old enlistee welling up with emotion and thoughtfulness as he is deployed. How can one call a 21 year old man “weird” for thinking of his family, looking for inspiration, and looking to Christ to carry his burden? It’s because of young men and women like this willing to give up their lives that we have any semblance of freedom. I hope Christ continues to stand at the door of Vance’s life and knocks even harder. We would all benefit from a “servant leader” who loves God and loves his family, friends and neighbors. In the event Vance comes back here to read these comments, I hope he sees this and my message to him would be to trust Christ first and foremost, pray for wisdom, and don’t be discouraged. No matter what political party one hails from, none of us is perfect and all of us should be able admire a man like Vance for overcoming so much. This almost 20 year old blog only reveals a young with character sensitivity.

6:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*young man with character and sensitivity

6:37 AM  
Blogger Ken M said...

Thanks for your input JD

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@6:35AM: it’s understandable that Vance had mixed feelings on the eve of his deployment. It’s weird that he equated emotions with being female.

5:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I honestly can say that I felt more like a female than I think I ever have or will"
Ummm... okay. I'm glad you came out of the closet before you deployed, just in case anything happened to you.
However, I don't believe your views about women are very Christian. I admit I'm not a Bible thumper & I've not read it, & am agnostic, but that doesn't mean I'm completely ignorant. I do know that God wouldn't want to see a woman remain in a relationship where she's being abused, and that s/he wouldn't agree that a man or woman should treat their girl/boy friend or spouse in that manner either. So if divine intervention doesn't happen, it's the right of everyone to be safe & secure in their own home that means they can separate themselves from the situation.

3:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still with the “weird” trope/talking point? As though you’re oblivious to the stereotype of women being more emotional than men or the stereotype phrase “cry like a girl”? For goodness sake, you’re tarring a not-yet fully mature 21 year old man’s two decade old blog. I could only imagine what your reaction would be if Vance recited some manufactured story where he uttered the word “fweeeedom” as a young child.

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stupid fuck

1:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow look at this shit!

1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is Matrixlord212 and you want to tell me that my PlayStation 5... doesn't get sick? Check this out.

So the PlayStation 5 doesn't get sick? Alright. Like you know what the fuck you're talking about. Stupid fuck. Oh look at this! It can't sync! Oh, you mean I can't do shit until this is done? Wow! Wow, so you're saying that PlayStation 5 doesn't get sick? Look at this shit! Know what you're talking about before you open your fuckin' mouth, obviously, because PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 both get sick.

Look at this shit, look at it struggling. Strungling to try to find answers why it can't sync with that fuckin' game that doesn't have the trophy list up. Look at it struggling, look at- you can't do literally *shit* until this is done. Look at it. Look at it go crazy. Crazy like a motherfucker.

So yeah, I don't need to read fuckin' articles to know how my PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 work, 'cause look at this shit. Look at this shit. Unbelievable. Take carebye for now.

1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a hard left progressive, and I agree with you. The “female” comment made me roll my eyes, but other than that - this is a young man about to go fight in a war. He was scared and emotional, understandably. There’s nothing to make fun of here. I’m sickened by some of these comments. I wish we could all just be better.

9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What’s weird is his obsession with women’s bodies and choices that still goes on to this day. People weren’t calling him “weird” for this, it was other reasons.

11:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also Christ isn’t real so he don’t give a fuck. Stop believing this made up shit that you do.

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He didn't fight anywhere, he was a tour guide and took photos.

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wrow

8:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Assuming women are more emotional than men is dumb. Him being emotional isn’t being feminine. It’s being human. Men have always been emotional, they just were told they had to suppress it which doesn’t make things easier, it just moves it down the line. The alpha male crowd IS weird and weak, even though that isn’t what they want people to think about them. Those people are so insecure about showing weakness, when weakness is human and acknowledging your weakness and owning them makes you stronger. REAL alphas don’t care about another man’s opinion of what makes them more “manly”.

6:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm CACKLING "Yesterday was incredibly emotional for me. I honestly can say that I felt more like a female than I think I ever have or will." WHAT is this 😭😭 You're a joke.

6:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to tell the world your EQ is in the negatives

6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This would be amazing!!!

1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where do couches fit in, regards to how you were feeling back then? Were they just places to sit, or did you look at them differently?

1:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, this honestly made me feel bad for you. It's seems like your being led down a road you don't truly believe is the right road. Peer pressure is a real thing. I just wish that you could feel comfortable enough to be your true self. It's not to late for anyone.

2:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Inb4 the dirty delete

11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home